Our website address is https://smartglassfactory.com
This policy applies to our customers, users of our website and social media profiles, users of third-party services, suppliers and applications offered on behalf of Smart Glass Factory and in general, subjects that contact us to enquire about our company or Goods. This policy applies to users of www.smartglassfactory.com
Your data is managed in compliance with the locally-established legal obligations, as well as, where applicable, EU regulation (GDPR). It is only used for the purposes above mentioned in a relevant and proportionate manner. Our processes require your identification for the processing of your requests, for the compliance with our legal obligations and/or the improvement of your experience with our products and services.
Personal data concerns about the use of our website, newsletter subscriptions, or other applications and services offered on behalf of SGF can be addressed to us directly via the address or email provided at the end of this document.
Personal Data Collected
Information we receive about you
You may provide us with information about you through a number of sources:
- Our websites;
- Any details provided to a SGF representative;
- If you enter into a competition and/ or promotion run by us
- When corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise; and
- Personal data you provide when applying for a job advertised or submitting a speculative job application and/ or CV
When you use our website, we may automatically collect the following information which may include personal data:
- Technical information including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-on types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Local information;
- Information about your visit, including the full uniform resources locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our website, including date and time;
- Products you viewed or searched for;
- Photographs and generated content you might submit for competitions;
- Page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clocks and mouse-overs); and
- Methods user to browse away from the webpage.
We may also receive information about you from
- Your use of any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide; and
- Third parties (including, for example, our licensees, subsidiary companies, third party suppliers and other interested partners) whom we work closely with.
We may collect, use, store and transfer the information we receive about you.
To better understand our customers and to provide improved products and services to our customers, we may combine publicly available data about you with personal data that we hold about you. The combination of both your personal data and other publicly available data may be used as statistical information and may also be used to send you information on an individual basis.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How Information is Used
- SGF collects and uses your personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests as set out below;
- the purpose of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
We also rely on consent as a legal basis for processing, including in relation to sending direct marketing communications to our customers through email or text messages. Customers have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our Legitimate Interests
The routine legal basis for processing your data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of SGF:
- Selling and supplying our Goods and services to our customers;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our technology, Goods and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- Understanding our customers’ behaviours, activities, preferences and needs;
- Improving existing technology, products and services and developing new technology, products and services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, shareholders and other stakeholders;
- To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity;
- To protect and defend our rights or property;
- To deal with any misuse to and of our website; and
- To sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in whole or in part, including to any potential buyer or their advisers.
We only collect information which is required for a specified primary purpose. This information may be transferred or disclosed to persons acting on your behalf, eg. Company employees, payment recipients and account nominees.
We may share your personal data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal data with our subsidiary companies, group partners, third party suppliers and other interested parties to undertake the activities listed above or for such other purpose specified at the time of collection’
- We may share your personal data with our group companies and affiliates or third-party data processors who may process data on our behalf to enable us to carry out our usual business practices; and
- We may share your personal data with other companies and organisations to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity.
Your credit card number, bank account and other financial information will not be revealed to anyone, except with your express permission, or if we are required to do so pursuant to credit card rules, processing a credit card payment, a court order or other legal process required by law.
Personal Data Overseas
We may transfer, store and/or process the personal data collected from you outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In particular, this may happen as some of our subsidiary companies, group partners, third party suppliers and other interested partners to whom we may transfer personal data may be located outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/ or processing.
While we will use our best efforts to ensure the security of your personal data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
SGF has in place security measures to protect against your personal data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way and altered or disclosed. Access to your personal data is limited to those third parties (ie subsidiary companies, group partners, third party suppliers and other interested partners to whom we may transfer personal data) who have a business need to know. All third parties are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have established procedures to deal with any suspected or actual personal data breach, and we will notify you and any applicable generator of a breach, where we are legally required to do so.
Rights Under Applicable Data Protection Law
- You have the right to be informed about our processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to have incomplete personal data completed and the right to have your personal data corrected if the data we hold is inaccurate or out of date.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and request that we stop sending you marketing information. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting u s on the Contact Information details set out below.
- You have the right to have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
- You have the right to request access to your personal data (please refer to “Access to your Personal Data” below).
You can exercise the above rights by contacting us using the Contact Information set out below.
Access to your Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. This is formally known as “Data Subject Access Request”. We will not charge to deal with this request, but if the request is considered to be repetitive or clearly unfounded, SGF may refuse it or charge a reasonable fee. You are entered to one copy of the personal data ew hold about you - if you request additional copies of your personal data, we may charge a reasonable fee for such supply of copies.
When submitting your request, please provide proof of your identity. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonable and within one month of receipt, unless the request proves complex, in which case it could take a further two months.
We will only hold your data for as long as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests (detailed above), provide our services and protect our business. We use the following criteria to determine the data retention periods of your personal data.
Your personal data will be retrained
- As long as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests
- As long as necessary to deal with your queries
- As long as you might legally bring claims against us
- As long as is required by law or by a regulatory body
Linked to Websites
This policy applies to our customers, users of our websites and social media profiles, users of third-party services and applications offered on behalf of SGF, and in general, subjects that contact us to enquire about our company.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites including (but not limited to) those of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Contact Information and Opt-Out Information
You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. This will include the data that our partners (ie licensees, subsidiary companies, group partners, third party suppliers and other interested partners whom we work closely with) and we hold on you. Please contact us if you would like to make corrections to any personal data you have provided, or if you no longer wish to receive future correspondence from us, or wish to withdraw your consent to sharing your personal data with others.
Our contact details are as follows: email@example.com
Please provide your name and address so we can easily identify you.
If you would prefer to contact us by post, please send any correspondence to the address below:
The Data Protection Officer
Smart Glass Factory
6-9 The Square, Stockley Park
Uxbridge Middlesex UB11 1FW